Mizzou Engineering students selected for national programs
Two Mizzou civil engineering students have earned berths in prestigious Washington, D.C. programs slated for this spring and summer.
Senior James Bryce will participate this summer in the nine-week Washington Internships for Students of Engineering (WISE) program, ranked among the best 109 internships in the nation by The Princeton Review. Graduate student Kathy Masterson will attend the 16th annual Eno Leadership Development Conference, a four-day event for top graduate students in transportation-related disciplines.
“These will be just superb educational and professional development opportunities for our students, giving them practical policy as well as technical experience,” said Mark Virkler, chair of the MU Civil and Environmental Engineering Department.
Bryce is one of 13 students from across the nation to win a spot in the WISE program, which focuses on how engineers can participate in public policy decisions. During his stay at George Washington University, Bryce will meet with government and industry transportation leaders as well as continue his research into substituting recycled materials for soil in construction.
“I’ll be focusing on the geotechnics of sustainable construction,” Bryce said.
Masterson, who is helping develop a computerized sensor network to monitor bridges as her graduate research project, received one of 20 positions at the Eno leadership conference. Masterson also will gain practical experience on how transportation policies are determined during the conference, which runs from May 19 through May 22 in Washington, D.C.
- Computers & Electronics
- Health / Medicine
- Infrastructure & Transportation
- Nano Science & Technology
- National Security / Defense
- The Environment
- All Academic Departments
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical & Computer Engineering
- Industrial & Manufacturing Systems Engineering
- Information Technology
- Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
- MU Informatics Institute
- Naval Sciences
- Nuclear Engineering Program
- Nuclear Science & Engineering Institute
- Back to menu
- Faculty & Staff
- Research Centers & Programs
- Mizzou Engineer Magazine
- Civil engineering grad student takes runner up at ITS Heartland poster competition
- Civil engineering students sweep top spots at state poster competition
- Civil engineering alumnus recipient of 2016 Moulder Award
- Scholarship sends undergrad down civil engineering path
- 26 honored at first 1907 Celebration of Women in Engineering