Engineers rank high at achievement forum
Each spring, the Office of Undergraduate Research hosts an Undergraduate Research and Creative Achievements Forum, offering undergraduate students the opportunity to present their student research and scholarly achievements to the Mizzou community.
Biological engineering student Lindsay D’Amato and civil engineering major Matthew Wheeler took top honors earning Chancellor’s Awards for Excellence.
D’Amaato researched “Photoacoustic depth profiling of burn injury using a human skin phantom” with mentor John Viator, an associate professor of biological engineering.
Sarah Orton, assistant professor of civil engineering, served as Wheeler’s mentor for his research project, “Evaluation of FRP (fiberglass reinforced panels) under compressive strains considering alternative matrices.”
Two engineering students received honorable mention awards in the physical sciences and engineering category: Alex Nowak, a chemical engineering major, and Travis Tumlin, who is majoring in mechanical engineering.
Associate professor Stephen Lombardo is Nowak’s mentor, and professor Shubhra Gangopadhyay is Tumlin’s mentor.
- Computers & Electronics
- Health / Medicine
- Infrastructure & Transportation
- Nano Science & Technology
- National Security / Defense
- The Environment
- All Academic Departments
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical & Computer Engineering
- Industrial & Manufacturing Systems Engineering
- Information Technology
- Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
- MU Informatics Institute
- Naval Sciences
- Nuclear Engineering Program
- Nuclear Science & Engineering Institute
- Back to menu
- Faculty & Staff
- Research Centers & Programs
- Mizzou Engineer Magazine
This story is tagged as:
- Collaborative effort leads to high-resolution imaging breakthrough
- Bio associate professor’s carbon-capture proposal nets Fast Track Award
- Education, engineering team up on retention study
- Thermal management research earns top award at Spring forum
- NSBE chapter officers elected, appointed to regional leadership board