Campus award presented to development officer
The Office of Development and Alumni Relations recently recognized a member of the College of Engineering’s development team with one of the university’s annual Columns of Excellence awards.
Shawn Poore was one of six development employees to receive the campuswide awards, represented by MU’s iconic columns and named for the university’s core values: discovery, responsibility, diversity, pride, tradition and respect, the value for which Poore was recognized.
“Higher education means a great deal to me — making sure we have the scholarships for the best students and the best facilities available for them to learn,” he said.
MU Engineering Executive Director of Development Carla Wiedmier and Liz Townsend Bird, an engineering director of development, nominated Poore for the award. They said he provided consistent and professional attention to engineering faculty, staff and alumni.
“Shawn truly believes in a donor-centered approach to building relationships with alumni and friends,” their nomination stated.
Poore first came to the university and MU Engineering in 2003. For the past nine years, Poore has connected with engineering alumni, engaging them in the college’s activities and encouraging them to invest in opportunities for students and the future of the college. Poore said he enjoys fostering the relationships between MU Engineering alumni and their alma mater.
The Columns of Excellence were first awarded in 2006. Their purpose is to recognize outstanding and dedicated members of the university’s development staff.
- Computers & Electronics
- Health / Medicine
- Infrastructure & Transportation
- Nano Science & Technology
- National Security / Defense
- The Environment
- All Academic Departments
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical & Computer Engineering
- Industrial & Manufacturing Systems Engineering
- Information Technology
- Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
- MU Informatics Institute
- Naval Sciences
- Nuclear Engineering Program
- Nuclear Science & Engineering Institute
- Back to menu
- Faculty & Staff
- Research Centers & Programs
- Mizzou Engineer Magazine
- Engineering start-up company receives go-ahead from FDA for dental filling composite
- Journalism, Engineering kick off ninth annual student app competition
- Brand new workspace brings virtual reality tools to MU engineering
- Civil Engineering Department relocating to Heinkel Building
- Coulter Program provides support to engineering, medical faculty collaborations