IMSE students, faculty honored at annual banquet
An adjunct faculty member and four students with the Industrial and Manufacturing Systems Engineering Department were recognized for their achievements at the 2013 Missouri Honor Awards banquet March 15.
Adjunct instructor Michael Klote received a special academic appointment award for his work with MU Engineering’s Rapid Prototype Lab, which has served as the facility for a 3D printing course through the IMSE department. He also serves as the advisor for the college’s new 3D Printing Club. In the fall 2011, the Mizzou Engineering Student Council recognized Klote for his outstanding service to the MU Engineering student body.
In addition to Klote, four students received the department’s annual awards for outstanding junior, senior, master’s and doctoral student.
Maren Reining is the outstanding junior from St. Albans, Mo. She is involved in the Institute of Industrial Engineers, the 3D Printing Club and is the president of the Mizzou Engineering Student Council. After graduation, she plans on earning her master’s degree in industrial engineering at MU.
Kurt Ehlers is the outstanding senior from Parkville, Mo. A second-generation MU IMSE major, he is president of the IMSE honors society Alpha Pi Mu, and he plans to earn his master’s degree in industrial engineering and his MBA through the department’s dual-degree program.
Gokhan Karakose is the outstanding master’s student from Malatya, Turkey. He is currently researching transportation network design with Assistant Professor Esra Sisikoglu. He said IMSE interests him because he likes modeling around real-world problems and developing effective solutions for them.
Rung-Chuan Lin is the outstanding doctoral student from Sangchong City, Taiwan. His research focuses on applied optimization and statistical analysis, especially as applied in the healthcare field.
- Computers & Electronics
- Health / Medicine
- Infrastructure & Transportation
- Nano Science & Technology
- National Security / Defense
- The Environment
- All Academic Departments
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical & Computer Engineering
- Industrial & Manufacturing Systems Engineering
- Information Technology
- Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
- MU Informatics Institute
- Naval Sciences
- Nuclear Engineering Program
- Nuclear Science & Engineering Institute
- Back to menu
- Faculty & Staff
- Research Centers & Programs
- Mizzou Engineer Magazine
- MU officials rename Engineering Building West ‘Naka Hall’ after MU alumnus, donor
- $12 Million Federal Contract to MU Will Establish Education Program for National Intelligence Agency
- Sensors increase ability to predict senior citizen falls
- MU Engineering researchers develop improvement in topic modeling
- IEEE society’s new vice president for publications aims for consistency