Diversity alumnus spotlight: Trenisha Tait

Ford_versailles

Trenisha Tait is standing at the Palace of Versailles in France during the summer of the 2012 study abroad trip to London, Manchester and Paris.

After graduating from the University of Missouri in May 2012 with a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering with an aerospace emphasis and a math minor, Trenisha (Ford) Tait moved to upstate New York to work as a flight test engineer at Sikorsky Military Completions Center for United Technologies Corporation. She also tied the knot with her college sweetheart, Chris Tait, who graduated from MU in 2011 with a bachelor of science degree in biological science.

Only six months went by before the Sikorsky plant closed and Tait was forced to look for another job, which proved easier than she thought it would.

“I was fortunate to have found a position so quickly,” she said. “I am now working in Oklahoma City at Tinker Air Force Base as a process and methods engineer for Pratt and Whitney — United Technologies Corporation.

“MU Engineering has helped me in so many ways. I could probably write a book about it,” Tait continued. “They prepared me not only for academic success and career development, but also gave me guidance in problem solving and public speaking. The college strives to offer students a variety of opportunities to achieve their dreams and creates a welcoming environment for development.”

Tait said she is glad to have been a part of the MU engineering family as a student and is looking forward to getting involved at a higher level. Recently, she was selected as one of the newest members of the college’s Recent Alumni Development Board.

Her advice to current students: “Keep your head up and never stop working toward your goals. You never know what’s in store for you in the future.”

I would like to give a huge thank you to the MU College of Engineering for all the support and care they provide students with every year.