ChE students recognized at E-Week awards banquet
Chemical Engineering students from the College of Engineering were honored during the annual Engineers’ Week as outstanding students in their department or individuals among their peers. The awards were given at the first Outstanding Student Awards Banquet March 13, 2014.
- Outstanding Junior: Nick Johnson
- Outstanding Senior: Wilson McNeary
- Outstanding Master’s: Zhe Yang
- Outstanding Doctorate: Jing Wang
The students also awarded individuals for their achievement in research and service.
Outstanding Discovery Fellow: Kyle Webb
Outstanding Undergraduate Research Accomplishments: Megan Schroeder
Outstanding Graduate Research Accomplishments: Somik Mukherjee
Outstanding Contributions to the University of Missouri: Ahad Hosseini
Outstanding Midshipman: MIDN Tom Wegener
The Society of Women Engineers and the Mizzou Eco-Racing Team were recognized for their efforts as engineering student organizations, as were the E-Week king and queen candidates.
Queen candidates: Chelsea Pepmiller, chemical engineering; Justine Schaper, mechanical engineering; Megan Schroeder, bioengineering; Claire Spradling, bioengineering; and Beth Wiese, industrial engineering.
King candidates: Jason Barmann, electrical engineering; Kurt Ehlers, industrial engineering/MBA; Logan Forsythe, civil engineering; Brock Scoville, bioengineering; Alex Spiva, electrical engineering.
Spiva and Schroder were crowned the king of valor and wit and the queen of love and beauty, respectively, at the St. Pat’s Ball Saturday night.
The outstanding lab exhibits from the Mizzou Engineering open house held earlier that day were awarded to the individual exhibits and overall departments.
- MAE — “Nano Composites are Doing Big Things!”
- IMSE — “Candy Trail”
- IMSE — “Paper Cube Assembly Line”
- Mechanical engineering
- Industrial engineering
- Civil engineering
- Computers & Electronics
- Health / Medicine
- Infrastructure & Transportation
- Nano Science & Technology
- National Security / Defense
- The Environment
- All Academic Departments
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical & Computer Engineering
- Industrial & Manufacturing Systems Engineering
- Information Technology
- Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
- MU Informatics Institute
- Naval Sciences
- Nuclear Engineering Program
- Nuclear Science & Engineering Institute
- Back to menu
- Faculty & Staff
- Research Centers & Programs
- Mizzou Engineer Magazine
- Alumna’s people skills inspire future faculty member
- 26 honored at first 1907 Celebration of Women in Engineering
- MU Engineering well represented among NSF graduate fellowship recipients
- Chemical students, associate professor earn accolades at Awards Dinner
- Chemical engineer lands Research Starter Grant in Pharmaceutics