New assistant professor joins CHE department faculty
The Chemical Engineering Department will welcome Bret Ulery to its faculty as an assistant professor beginning with the Fall 2014 semester.
Ulery most recently was a postdoctoral scholar at the Institute for Molecular Engineering at the University of Chicago. While there, his research focused on the immunotherapeutic applications of peptide amphiphile micelle technology. His long-term research interests include designing novel biomodulatory materials to improve health care technology, particularly in the areas of cancer therapy, immunoengineering and regenerative engineering.
Prior to his time at the University of Chicago, he earned his bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering from the University of Iowa in 2006 and his doctorate in chemical engineering with a graduate minor in immunobiology in 2010 from Iowa State University. At ISU, he worked with Professor Balaji Narasimhan on creating nanoparticles for use as single-dose intranasal vaccine delivery vehicles.
Ulery also worked as a postdoctoral fellow for two years at the University of Connecticut Health Center before moving on to the University of Chicago. While at UCHC, he researched localized anesthetic delivery and musculoskeletal regenerative engineering.
His research has led to 20 peer-reviewed publications, manuscript submissions, book chapters, and technology disclosures, in various journals including Advanced Healthcare Materials, Nature Scientific Reports, Pharmaceutical Research, PLoS One and more.
“I greatly look forward to becoming a chemical engineering faculty member at the University of Missouri. The department, college, and university are all deeply committed to world-class interdisciplinary research as well as outstanding undergraduate and graduate education. I cannot think of a better place to start my career as a professor,” Ulery said.
- Computers & Electronics
- Health / Medicine
- Infrastructure & Transportation
- Nano Science & Technology
- National Security / Defense
- The Environment
- All Academic Departments
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical & Computer Engineering
- Industrial & Manufacturing Systems Engineering
- Information Technology
- Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
- MU Informatics Institute
- Naval Sciences
- Nuclear Engineering Program
- Nuclear Science & Engineering Institute
- Back to menu
- Faculty & Staff
- Research Centers & Programs
- Mizzou Engineer Magazine
- MU officials rename Engineering Building West ‘Naka Hall’ after MU alumnus, donor
- $12 Million Federal Contract to MU Will Establish Education Program for National Intelligence Agency
- Sensors increase ability to predict senior citizen falls
- MU Engineering researchers develop improvement in topic modeling
- IEEE society’s new vice president for publications aims for consistency