Civil academy welcomes nine new members
Nine alumni were inducted into the Civil Engineering Academy of Distinguished Alumni (CEADA) last year. The academy was established in 1998 to honor outstanding graduates and distinguished friends of the department.
Chester “Kit” Carson, Jr., BS CE ’66, MS ’67, is the president and owner of Carson Mitchell Inc., General Contracting, Design-Build, Contracting and Construction Management Company and Consulting Engineers in Springfield, Mo. He is a licensed Professional Engineer in Missouri and Arkansas.
Randy Clarkson, BS CE ’74, MS ’81, is a senior project engineer at Bartlett & West’s Jefferson City office, a position he’s held for the last 10 years. He has been a licensed professional engineer in Missouri since 1979.
Jeffrey L. Cook, BS CE ’83, is a co-founder of ARCO Construction Company Inc. He also is an alumnus of the Missouri University of Science and Technology, earning his master’s degree in 1994. He is a registered professional engineer.
Kenneth Gambaro, BS CE ’79, MS ’81, is a treatment plant manager for the Metropolitan St. Louis Sewer District, in charge of two major wastewater treatment plants. He is a registered professional engineer.
Dennis Heckman, BS CE ’90, has been the state bridge engineer for the Missouri Department of Transportation since June 2007. He is also registered as a professional engineer.
Daniel Niec, BS CE ’91, is the district engineer for the Missouri Department of Transportation’s Kansas City District. He earned his Master of Business Administration in 2008 from William Woods University He is also a registered professional engineer in Missouri.
Jennifer Obertino, BS CE ’94, was recently promoted to vice president and office manager of the Missouri-Kansas Operations for URS Corporation. She is a registered professional engineer.
Mark A. Schnoebelen, BS CE ’78, is vice president and member of the Board of Directors of Massman Construction Co. He is a registered professional engineer in Missouri, Illinois and Louisiana.
Frank Weatherford, BS CE ’82, MS ’86, is a principal of TranSystems, specializing in state departments of transportation and municipal transportation engineering, innovative financing, public involvement and program management. He also serves as the senior vice president of business development, overseeing the firm’s Midwest region.
Click here for more information about the CEADA.
- Computers & Electronics
- Health / Medicine
- Infrastructure & Transportation
- Nano Science & Technology
- National Security / Defense
- The Environment
- All Academic Departments
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical & Computer Engineering
- Industrial & Manufacturing Systems Engineering
- Information Technology
- Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
- MU Informatics Institute
- Naval Sciences
- Nuclear Engineering Program
- Nuclear Science & Engineering Institute
- Back to menu
- Faculty & Staff
- Research Centers & Programs
- Mizzou Engineer Magazine
- MU officials rename Engineering Building West ‘Naka Hall’ after MU alumnus, donor
- $12 Million Federal Contract to MU Will Establish Education Program for National Intelligence Agency
- Sensors increase ability to predict senior citizen falls
- MU Engineering researchers develop improvement in topic modeling
- IEEE society’s new vice president for publications aims for consistency