CS department preps summer programs
The Computer Science Department is taking applications for two summer programs that will allow non-MU students to study in the department over the summer.
Big Data Analytics Summer Experience
The Big Data Analytics Summer Experience at MU Computer Science Department is July 6-24, 2015.
Big Data is transforming science, engineering, medicine, healthcare, finance, business, and ultimately society itself. This is the second year for the program, which will introduce key Big Data processing and analytic technologies and teach practical skills and practices. This program is open to undergraduate students, graduate students, and professionals. Application deadline is April 10, 2015.
NSF Research Experiences for Undergraduates
The 2015 NSF Research Experiences for Undergraduates in Consumer Networking Technologies is May 25-31, 2015.
The NSF REU (Research Experiences for Undergraduates) program Consumer Networking Technologies will continue this summer in the Computer Science Department at MU. From May 25 through July 31 in 2015, this 10-week REU program will support 10 undergraduate students. Students will investigate interesting issues and develop new skills with help of faculty and graduate student mentors through researching, implementing, and testing viable solutions to technical challenges. Participants will get a stipend of $5,000, room (if needed) and meal allowance, and support for travel to/from the Site.
Applicants must be citizens or permanent residents of the U.S. Click here for more details and application instructions.
- Computers & Electronics
- Health / Medicine
- Infrastructure & Transportation
- Nano Science & Technology
- National Security / Defense
- The Environment
- All Academic Departments
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical & Computer Engineering
- Industrial & Manufacturing Systems Engineering
- Information Technology
- Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
- MU Informatics Institute
- Naval Sciences
- Nuclear Engineering Program
- Nuclear Science & Engineering Institute
- Back to menu
- Faculty & Staff
- Research Centers & Programs
- Mizzou Engineer Magazine
- MU officials rename Engineering Building West ‘Naka Hall’ after MU alumnus, donor
- $12 Million Federal Contract to MU Will Establish Education Program for National Intelligence Agency
- Sensors increase ability to predict senior citizen falls
- MU Engineering researchers develop improvement in topic modeling
- IEEE society’s new vice president for publications aims for consistency