What new with IMSE student organizations?
Institute of Industrial Engineers return from conference
Mizzou’s chapter of the Institute of Industrial Engineers (IIE) attended the IIE South Central Regional Conference last month at the University of Oklahoma. Conference attendees toured Norman, Okla.-area plants and facilities and participated in workshops.
Five members members, Yahya Alsulaim, Peter Borgman, Nicole Ripperda, Trevion McGhaw and Leah Young, attended the conference with IIE adviser Ron McGarvey. Young also represented the group in the technical paper contest.
IIE president Alsulaim said the organization also has spent the past semester hosting industry guest speakers at the group’s monthly meetings. It has reached out to K-12 students through Engineering Day for Kids and High School Day, and members have held social events, such as tailgates and networking events at Heidelberg.
Officers for 2014-2015: Yahya Alsulaim, president; Chris Anwander, vice president; Peter Borgman, IMSE Hall of Fame liaison; Adithyan Babu, activities officer; Nicole Ripperda, treasurer; Alyssa Golz, secretary; Trevion McGhaw, historian; Mary Rudy, webmaster.
Alpha Pi Mu organizes Lab Day exhibits
Alpha Pi Mu organized and committed the Industrial and Manufacturing Systems Engineering Department’s activities for this year’s Engineers’ Week Open House and Lab Exhibits. They will induct new initiates this spring.
Officers for 2014-2015: Beth Wiese, president; Dominic Badalamenti, vice president; Haley Martin, secretary; Kyle Dorge, treasurer.
Society of Manufacturing Engineers tour facilities, host speakers
The Society of Manufacturing Engineers (SME) increased membership last year from six active members to more than 20 active members. The group toured Anheuser Busch, Hallmark Inc. and American Air Filters and hosted industry speakers from companies such as 3M, AZZ, Pepsi Co., EDI.
The group also has plans to host more speakers and tour Harley Davidson.
Officers for 2014-2015: Chelsea Hagan, president; Andy Prunty, vice president; Kristen Cetkovic, secretary; Yahya Alsulaim, treasurer; Daniel Lowery, director of events.
- Computers & Electronics
- Health / Medicine
- Infrastructure & Transportation
- Nano Science & Technology
- National Security / Defense
- The Environment
- All Academic Departments
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical & Computer Engineering
- Industrial & Manufacturing Systems Engineering
- Information Technology
- Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
- MU Informatics Institute
- Naval Sciences
- Nuclear Engineering Program
- Nuclear Science & Engineering Institute
- Back to menu
- Faculty & Staff
- Research Centers & Programs
- Mizzou Engineer Magazine
- MU officials rename Engineering Building West ‘Naka Hall’ after MU alumnus, donor
- $12 Million Federal Contract to MU Will Establish Education Program for National Intelligence Agency
- Sensors increase ability to predict senior citizen falls
- MU Engineering researchers develop improvement in topic modeling
- IEEE society’s new vice president for publications aims for consistency