Building Update: Campus facilities outlines building access points
University of Missouri Campus Facilities has outlined the areas in and around Lafferre Hall to be affected by the renovation.
Description of Work
Beginning May 18, work will begin to extensively renovate the 1935 and 1944 additions of Lafferre Hall, including HVAC, electrical, plumbing, fire protection and building envelop, and work will include reconfiguration of portions of the current structure to improve accessibility, increase space utilization for instructional, research and collaboration and simplify wayfinding.
What to Expect
This project will require the closure of multiple sidewalks north and east of Lafferre Hall (see inset map), and the north drive will be open to construction traffic only. See the hatched area in the inset map for the entire construction fence area. During this work:
There will be no interior access to the 1893 portion of the building. See the arrows in the inset map for suggested exterior routes.
- The ADA accessible entrance to the 1893 building via the Engineering Courtyard will remain open through the Spring 2016 semester. See the arrows in the inset map for suggested ADA routes to the first floor 1893 building and to the west and central sections of Lafferre Hall.
- Green arrows indicate suggested accessible route to reach 1893 building first floor. Enter building through accessible ramp located on north side of Engineering Courtyard off Francis Quad. There currently is no ADA accessible access to the second and third floors.
- Orange arrows indicate suggested accessible route to reach classrooms in the Civil and Environmental Engineering Department wing (E1501-E1510, E2501-2511, E3501-3512), as well as the West and Central sections of Lafferre Hall: Enter building through Overholser Atrium (in 2009 addition) turn right and use elevator at end of hall.
- An interior construction wall will be built for occupant safety and to control disruption of normal activity due to noise and dust as much as possible.
Please remember this is an extensive renovation, and some disturbances will be unavoidable. Any concerns during this work should be directed to the building coordinator. If the building coordinator is not available, please contact Campus Facilities Customer Service at 573-882-8211.
Check back here for detailed interior maps at a later date.
Information provided by Campus Facilities.
- Computers & Electronics
- Health / Medicine
- Infrastructure & Transportation
- Nano Science & Technology
- National Security / Defense
- The Environment
- All Academic Departments
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering & Computer Science
- Industrial & Manufacturing Systems Engineering
- Information Technology
- Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
- MU Informatics Institute
- Naval Sciences
- Nuclear Engineering Program
- Nuclear Science & Engineering Institute
- Back to menu
- Faculty & Staff
- Research Centers & Programs
- Mizzou Engineer Magazine