Photo gallery: Lafferre Hall demolition July 2015
From the roof of the 2009 addition facing north, this panoramic view shows the construction area where a now-demolished 1944 addition once stood. Notice the Lafferre Hall tower and Switzler Hall bell tower to the right (northeast).
The gutted interior of the third floor of the 1935 addition no longer contains offices. This area used to house the Industrial and Manufacturing Systems Engineering Department.
Doors that once led to the Shamrock now lead to a construction zone on the first floor of the 1935 addition. The hallway that used to lie beyond these doors led to student lab spaces and the former office of Engineering Technical Services.
The largely-intact, three-story 1935 building to the left stands a stark contrast to the mostly-demolished, two-story 1944 addition. The top of the Lafferre Hall tower is visible to the left.
This red set of pipes used to be part of the sprinkler system for the 1944 addition.
Where archways now stand used to be a wall that connected the 1935 and 1944 additions. Ahead, the 1944 addition is largely demolished.
While offices at the end of the hall remain in use for construction crews, many of the offices that once existed on the second floor of the 1935 addition have been removed.
Columns mark where a hallway once stood on the third floor of the 1935 addition. The hallway led to the IMSE Department.
A view from what was room E3422 shows a gutted third floor of the 1935 addition.
Workers clear bricks from the third floor of the 1935 addition. The opening in the floor is space for a future stairwell.
A worker demolishes a wall connected to a women’s restroom on the second floor of the 1935 addition.
Brick and other rubble await clearning on the second floor of the 1935 addition. The windows to the left overlook the east courtyard facing the Francis Quad.
A stairwell and women’s restroom entrance are the only discernible features left on the second floor of the 1935 addition.
A water spray reduces the dust while brick and other debris are cleared from the second and third floors of the 1935 addition. This area will house a stairwell in the future.