College hosts record-setting Career Fair
On Sept. 15, the College of Engineering’s Career Fair was held in the Mizzou Arena. After being hosted on the concourse of the Hearnes Center for several years, the event had outgrown the space, and engineering became the first college on campus to utilize Mizzou Arena for a Career Fair.
Dedicated efforts on the part of Matt Arri, engineering’s director of career and professional development, drew a record number of recruiters to the fair this fall. Fully 175 companies participated, a 17 percent increase over the previous record. And nearly 2,000 engineering students with résumés in hand circulated and chatted with potential employers — a 10 percent increase over the next highest number of participants.
Additionally, 10 company information sessions were sponsored over the course of two days and potential employers conducted interviews in 71 locations around campus.
Each year, members of one of engineering’s student organizations volunteer their services to work the Fair in exchange for a stipend from Career Services. This year, engineering’s Student Council added $5,000 to their coffers by providing the labor force for the event.
- Computers & Electronics
- Health / Medicine
- Infrastructure & Transportation
- Nano Science & Technology
- National Security / Defense
- The Environment
- All Academic Departments
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering & Computer Science
- Industrial & Manufacturing Systems Engineering
- Information Technology
- Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
- MU Informatics Institute
- Naval Sciences
- Nuclear Engineering Program
- Nuclear Science & Engineering Institute
- Back to menu
- Faculty & Staff
- Research Centers & Programs
- Mizzou Engineer Magazine
This story is tagged as:
- Spring 2017 Career Fair pairs driven students with eager companies
- Travel award allows professor opportunity to share ideas, data, manpower with Chinese universities
- In MU’s TECH-SERIES program, students help entrepreneurs
- College celebrates campaign with United Way barbecue
- MU Engineering hosts record-setting Career Fair