Bioengineering students, faculty member honored at College of Engineering Awards Dinner
The Bioengineering Department named its outstanding student award recipients, while Associate Professor Raghuraman Kannan received the Senior Faculty Excellence in Research Award at the annual College of Engineering Awards Dinner, held March 18 at the Hampton Inn & Suites in Columbia as part of the College of Engineering’s Engineers’ Week celebration. The student award recipients are as follows:
- Outstanding Junior: Melissa Lokugamage of Kansas City, Mo.
- Outstanding Senior: Claire Schroeder of Washington, Mo.
- Outstanding Master’s: Hilary Schmidt of DeSoto, Kan.
- Outstanding Doctorate: Aaron Wood of Columbia, Mo.
- Outstanding Doctorate: Paul Whiteside of Joplin, Mo.
Kannan earned the College-wide research award for his impressive activity in that realm. In just the last five years, Kannan has published 20 papers, and he currently has $3.3 million in support for current or recently completed projects in which he’s the principal investigator. His research has the support of both the National Science Foundation and National Institutes of Health, and he’s renowned for his work in the field of nanoparticles. Kannan’s research also frequently leads to practical applications. Raghuraman is a principle inventor on 20 patents and/or inventions in just the last four years and has seven more patents currently in the processing phase.
- Computers & Electronics
- Health / Medicine
- Infrastructure & Transportation
- Nano Science & Technology
- National Security / Defense
- The Environment
- All Academic Departments
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering & Computer Science
- Industrial & Manufacturing Systems Engineering
- Information Technology
- Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
- MU Informatics Institute
- Naval Sciences
- Nuclear Engineering Program
- Nuclear Science & Engineering Institute
- Back to menu
- Faculty & Staff
- Research Centers & Programs
- Mizzou Engineer Magazine