ABET: Industrial Engineering
The University of Missouri program in Industrial Engineering is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, www.abet.org.
IE Program Educational Objectives
The Industrial Engineering (IE) program educational objectives have been developed to address the needs of our constituencies and to be consistent with the University of Missouri mission. Within 3-5 years of graduation from the IE program,
- Graduates will create value for their employers, demonstrating entrepreneurial initiative and make contributions that benefit society.
- Graduates will expand their capabilities through professional development and advanced education.
- Graduates will provide leadership and be agents of change in their profession and/or communities.
IE Student Outcomes
Students from the IE program will attain (by the time of graduation):
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability and sustainability
- An ability to function on multidisciplinary teams
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- An ability to communicate effectively
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental and societal context
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning
- A knowledge of contemporary issues
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice
IE Undergraduate Enrollment and Degrees Awarded
|Academic Year||Enrollment||Awarded Degrees|
|* Initiated a freshman program / department application process that resulted in most freshman being undeclared.|
View all eight MU College of Engineering degree programs with ABET accreditation:
- Biological Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering