Become a global leader in engineering …
The mission of Mizzou Engineering Study Abroad is to encourage students to pursue academic, leadership and service opportunities around the world.
More is expected of engineers in the 21st century than just a mastery of technical skills. The engineering industry now looks for technically competent engineers with leadership, management, critical thinking and business skills, like adaptability and communication, to effectively lead teams of engineers and scientists in global ventures.
Approximately 90 percent of employers value the intercultural skills that studying abroad provides, and 47 percent of employers actually screen for intercultural skills during job interviews.*
Upon successful completion of a Mizzou Engineering Study Abroad program, students will enhance their engineering career profiles to succeed in a competitive global job market.
Mizzou Engineering Study Abroad global experiential learning programs are specifically designed to not delay a students anticipated graduation date:
- Programs include a wide array of durations, some as little as 10 days and others as long as six weeks.
- Programs take place during breaks in the academic calendar (summer break, spring break, May-mester, winter intercession).
- Our programs fulfill either a 3-credit-hour upper-level humanities/social science course or an engineering-specific course, such as Circuit Theory, Thermodynamics, or Six Sigma Methodology for Engineers.
- There are 6-week summer options available to help students experience a deeper cultural immersion and earn up to 6-credit hours toward your degree.
- All May-mester and summer programs take place in May and June, leaving more than enough time for students to also complete a summer internship or co-op once their programs end.
- Most programs involve pre-departure courses. Students will meet with their program groups regularly leading up to the global site visit. Once enrolled in study abroad, group members will decide on a time to meet each week that will fit into everyone’s schedule.
At Mizzou Engineering we take Missouri throughout the world and bring the world to Missouri!
Did you know that?
- More than 500 engineering students have participated in our study abroad programs, and over 10 percent of these students study abroad more than once!
- Mizzou Engineering is truly the home of the global engineer! Our international students represent more than 24 countries, and you have the opportunity to study abroad in Europe, Asia, Africa or Latin America for a summer or an entire semester … and you still graduate on time!
- Our engineers get to visit the global sites of companies such as General Electric, 3M, Boeing, Black & Veatch, Audi, among others.
- Approximately 90 percent of employers value the intercultural skills that studying abroad provides, and 47 percent of employers actually screen for intercultural skills during job interviews*.
- We will help you build a global resume after you complete your study abroad program.
- You have direct access to our study abroad staff via MU Connect.
- You can apply for your passport on campus! Visit the International Center in N-52 Memorial Union.