Minor in Computational Neuroscience
Computational neuroscience is becoming an important tool for neuroscientists to understand how complex brain circuits work, for example, the causes of post-traumatic stress disorder. This intersection of engineering and neuroscience allows for great advances in health care, manufacturing and communication.
For this interdisciplinary minor, all students will take BIO SC/ECE 4580 – Computational Neuroscience, and other courses will vary depending on major.
- The minor is administered by both the colleges of Arts & Science and Engineering.
- Any student whose home department is in these colleges may apply.
- Students can apply for the minor any time, but it’s typically done after freshman year.
- Meet with your advisor sophomore/junior year to plan minor courses into your schedule.
- Complete the necessary course work.
- Download the application here, fill it out and email it to: NairS@missouri.edu.
- It will then appear on your transcript.