Click on image to play video.
Curious how the renovation of Lafferre Hall is going? Keep up-to-date on the construction status below.
Weekly Construction Notices: Aug. 1-5, 2016
(Click to expand)
The following is a Lafferre Hall Construction Update for the week of Aug. 1-5, 2016.
- Hydronic piping, plumbing piping, storm piping, fire suppression piping, ductwork and electrical conduit on the first, second and third floors as well as the penthouse of the 2016 building will continue to be installed.
- Duct work, piping, plaster patching, and interior framing will continue in the 1892 building.
- The interior walls on the first floor are receiving insulation and drywall.
- Painting in the 2016 building on the first floor will continue.
- Installation of the new metal pan stairwell will continue.
- The floors receiving future carpet are being bead blasted and receiving topical moisture mitigation compound.
- The East Courtyard will be graded and a concrete planter bed will be placed
- Impact: Vehicular traffic on the sidewalk next to the Francis Quadrangle will be present.
- The concrete floors on the first and second floors will continue to be polished.
- The new elevator car will continue to be built in the elevator shaft.
- The roof on the 1935 building will continue to be installed.
- The RC-4 parking lot will be milled and repaved to be turned over to Res Life beginning Aug. 8.
Thursday, May 5th, 2016
From the outside, the Lafferre Hall renovation is starting to look a lot like the architectural artist’s renderings. Work is progressing smoothly and the renovation project is still on schedule.
Monday, March 21st, 2016
The University of Missouri College of Engineering held a “Topping Out” ceremony March 14 to celebrate the final beam placed in the Lafferre Hall renovation.
Tuesday, November 1, 2015
Win prizes and learn more about engineering’s construction project with Lafferre Renovation Trivia. Click to find this month’s trivia question, as well as rules and prizes.
Wednesday, August 19th, 2015
John Morrison’s summer internship has yielded firsthand experience and also a lot of satisfaction from taking part in a major change to Mizzou’s campus and his home college.
Friday, July 17th, 2015
Take a look at the progress on the Lafferre Hall renovation from July 2015.
Tuesday, May 5th, 2015
University of Missouri Campus Facilities has outlined the areas in and around Lafferre Hall to be affected by the renovation. See Campus Facilities’ map for the entire construction fence area, as well as suggested ADA accessible routes for the 1893 building.
Monday, April 13th, 2015
Officials from the University of Missouri, UM System and MU College of Engineering joined members of the Missouri Legislature and other luminaries for a groundbreaking ceremony on April 13 at Lafferre Hall.
Monday, April 6th, 2015
Renovation work continued to ramp up this last month, with plenty of pieces and people moving. A campus groundbreaking ceremony is scheduled for April 13.
Wednesday, March 4th, 2015
The Lafferre Hall Reconstruction Planning Committee meetings will allow faculty, staff and students the opportunity to share input about areas that will serve their needs.
Wednesday, February 25th, 2015
The IMSE Department will temporarily call Engineering Building North home while the area that currently houses the department is demolished and rebuilt as part of the Lafferre Reconstruction.
Monday, January 26th, 2015
Construction on Lafferre Hall is on schedule. The first phase of the replacement of the 1935 and 1944 additions is completed. All offices have been moved, and only two labs remain on the second floor.