Click on image to play video.
A message from the Lafferre Hall Building Coordinator:
As we begin a new semester, I wanted to make everyone aware of a few items regarding the newly opened renovated area of Lafferre Hall.
- While most of the renovated space is fully ready for use, some final work still is being completed. These include finishing touches such as finishing the installation of audio/visual equipment, wall patching, painting and some final electrical work, among other minor tasks. So there will still be a steady presence of construction workers for the next few weeks, and we ask for your patience and consideration as we finish this necessary work to give you the space you need to excel.
- In that same vein, please contact Greg Emanuel, the Lafferre Hall building coordinator, at email@example.com if you notice any issues, including any problems with plugs or equipment in the rooms, so we can work on taking care of the problem as soon as possible.
- In the new computer labs, classes will have priority during their scheduled time, and a schedule of classes will be posted outside each lab (coming soon). If no class is using the lab, it is available for anyone to use on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- The following study rooms can be reserved using the College of Engineering reservations website (coming soon).
- E3444A, E3444B, E3444C
- These study rooms are open to use as available when not reserved. Please do not leave your items unattended in a study room. The College of Engineering will not be responsible for lost or stolen items.
- All other study rooms are open to use as available. Please do not leave your items unattended in a study room. The College of Engineering will not be responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Click here for a list of all the rooms in the renovated space and a description of their intended use.
- In an effort to promote a culture of safety, the following teaching labs will require protective eyewear at all times:
- C1203 Cad Cam Lab
- C1210 Materials Lab
- C2205 Multidiscipline Capstone Lab
- For the safety of you and your fellow students, please adhere to the safety rules posted in each space.
- For IT and audio/visual questions please contact the College of Engineering IT support staff at firstname.lastname@example.org or 573-882-6097.
- For questions about college of engineering operations (e.g. space, equipment, facilities, infrastructure) please contact email@example.com or 573-882-6097.
- The workstations in the following rooms are assigned to individuals and not open use:
- Only park in parking spots in south parking lot. Due to the new coffee shop in the building there will be daily deliveries that need to use the south parking lot. Please only park in designated spaces to prevent from getting ticketed or towed.
- Your patience is appreciated as:
- More equipment being delivered over next few weeks
- Consumables and other supplies still being delivered
- The new coffee shop, Potential Energy, will open Jan. 17 with a limited menu. Check its website, Potential Energy, for more details.
Feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any specific questions.
Thursday, May 5th, 2016
From the outside, the Lafferre Hall renovation is starting to look a lot like the architectural artist’s renderings. Work is progressing smoothly and the renovation project is still on schedule.
Monday, March 21st, 2016
The University of Missouri College of Engineering held a “Topping Out” ceremony March 14 to celebrate the final beam placed in the Lafferre Hall renovation.
Tuesday, November 1, 2015
Win prizes and learn more about engineering’s construction project with Lafferre Renovation Trivia. Click to find this month’s trivia question, as well as rules and prizes.
Wednesday, August 19th, 2015
John Morrison’s summer internship has yielded firsthand experience and also a lot of satisfaction from taking part in a major change to Mizzou’s campus and his home college.
Friday, July 17th, 2015
Take a look at the progress on the Lafferre Hall renovation from July 2015.
Tuesday, May 5th, 2015
University of Missouri Campus Facilities has outlined the areas in and around Lafferre Hall to be affected by the renovation. See Campus Facilities’ map for the entire construction fence area, as well as suggested ADA accessible routes for the 1893 building.
Monday, April 13th, 2015
Officials from the University of Missouri, UM System and MU College of Engineering joined members of the Missouri Legislature and other luminaries for a groundbreaking ceremony on April 13 at Lafferre Hall.
Monday, April 6th, 2015
Renovation work continued to ramp up this last month, with plenty of pieces and people moving. A campus groundbreaking ceremony is scheduled for April 13.
Wednesday, March 4th, 2015
The Lafferre Hall Reconstruction Planning Committee meetings will allow faculty, staff and students the opportunity to share input about areas that will serve their needs.
Wednesday, February 25th, 2015
The IMSE Department will temporarily call Engineering Building North home while the area that currently houses the department is demolished and rebuilt as part of the Lafferre Reconstruction.