Statement of Purpose Guidelines
- One-page Statement of Purpose is strongly encouraged.
- Statements must not exceed 1.5 pages in length.
- Format: 12 pt Times New Roman font, 1-inch margin on all sides, 1.5 line spacing
- Address the following:
- First paragraph: Introduce yourself, provide a brief background and state your immediate career goal/objective.
- Second paragraph: Explain what led you to your interest in specific studies.
- Third paragraph: If applicable, provide a brief description of your engineering practice, e.g., jobs, internships, etc.
- Fourth paragraph: Briefly describe any other experiences that either helped you to decide on graduate studies in your designated area or to prepare you for graduate studies.
- Closing paragraph: Very briefly describe your long-term career goal(s).
Statement of Purpose Examples