Big Data Analytics Summer Experience
Big Data is transforming science, engineering, medicine, healthcare, finance, business, and ultimately society itself. Big Data analytics represents a new era of computing, where data in any format maybe processed and exploited to extract insights for industries and organizations to make informed decisions, whether that data is in-place, in motion or at-rest, in large volume, structured or unstructured.
This course will introduce several key Big Data processing and analytics technologies and teach practical skills and practices using Amazon Elastic MapReduce Web services and other valuable resources to bridge the gap between classroom learning and the real world.
A certificate is issued upon completion of the program.
2018 Big Data Analytics Summer School
July 8-29, 2018
Course Prerequisites: Basic knowledge of Linux and programming languages.
- Introduction to Big Data, Big Data technologies, and Data Science
- Hadoop, an open-source software framework supporting data-intensive distributed applications
- MapReduce, a programming model for big data processing
- Apache Spark, a fast and general engine for large-scale data processing
- Mining Big Data with Spark MLlib, scalable machine learning and data mining libraries
- Exploratory data analysis, clustering and summarization, recommender systems, predictive analytics
- Classification with deep learning