Big Data Analytics Summer Experience 2016
Big Data is transforming science, engineering, medicine, healthcare, finance, business and ultimately, society itself.
Big Data analytics represents a new era of computing, where data in any format may be processed and exploited to extract insights for industries and organizations to make informed decisions, whether that data is in-place or at-rest, in large volume, structured or unstructured.
This program will introduce several key Big Data processing and analytics technologies, teach practical skills and practices and offer hands-on experiences using Amazon Elastic MapReduce Web services, IBM Academic Initiative support and other open-source software and resources to bridge the gap between classroom learning and the real world.
This program will include various enrichment and social activities, including a visit to a local IBM branch, seminars by guest speakers and trips to nearby attractions. A certificate is issued upon completion of the program.
- Introduction to Big Data and Big Data technologies
- Hadoop, an open-source software framework supporting data-intensive distributed applications
- MapReduce, a programming model for big data processing
- Abstracting MapReduce jobs with Pig Latin, a high-level platform for creating MapReduce programs
- Querying Big Data with Hive, a data warehousing tool on Hadoop
- Spark, a fast and general engine for large-scale data processing
- Mining Big Data with Spark MLlib, scalable machine learning libraries