Computer Science Fast-Track, 5-year program
Benefits of this program compared to typical Master of Science degree programs include:
- Fewer requirements and simpler application process than normal Graduate School application. GRE is not required.
- Cost savings
- Higher priority when the department considers Peer Learning Assistant (PLA) and Graduate Teaching Assistant (GTA) positions.
- Faster completion. May obtain both bachelor’s and master’s degrees in 5 years
How to Apply
- Complete 75 undergraduate credit hours, with at least a 3.0 GPA
- Complete and submit
- an application form
- a personal goal statement indicating why you feel prepared to pursue the MS degree program and why you want to pursue the degree
- one letter of recommendation from a person who knows your abilities
- unofficial transcripts from myZou
- Mail all application materials to
Director of Graduate Studies
Computer Science Department
201 EBW University of Missouri
Columbia, MO 65211
You will be notified of your acceptance to the Fast Track BS MS program the same semester your application is received. Once you complete 105 undergraduate hours, you will be notified of your admission to the Graduate School.
During the Program, You Will
- Participate in the Undergraduate Honors Research Program
- Take 3-6 hours of CS 4995 (Undergraduate Honors Research) and get paid up to $1,000 per semester
- A formal written report is due at the completion of CS 4995.
- Take up to 12 credit hours of graduate courses before BS graduation
- The graduate credit hours will only count toward the MS graduation requirements, not BS graduation requirements.
- The student will have the advantage of paying undergraduate tuition fees for graduate-level courses, a savings of at least $50 per credit hour for in-state tuition.
- A Graduate School Application for Dual Enrollment is required for enrolling in graduate-level courses.
- Receive your BS CS degree with Honors Scholar designation and become a CS MS student after completing 120 hours of undergraduate credit and satisfying other BS degree requirements
- Receive CS MS degree after completing 30 graduate credit hours and satisfying other MS degree requirements