The CS Department has teaching and research assistantships available for CS graduate students. The department also offers fellowships to a limited number of new PhD students. In addition, there are other fellowships/scholarships available at the university level.
- TA positions require an application. To request one from the department office, call 573-882-3842.
- Teaching assistantship applications are collected by the academic advisor, and the Director of Graduate Studies, conferring with faculty, decides the appointments based on various eligibility requirements.
- Deadlines for teaching assistantships are the same as graduate application deadlines.
- Contact CS professors directly to apply for a research assistantship.
- The professor will make you an offer if he/she is interested in hiring you for an available position.
- Research assistantships are determined based on funding availability and research interests.
- PhD students are usually given priority in the selection process for RA positions.
- International students who have not completed their first semester of residency are not eligible.
- International students must receive a satisfactory test score from the the International Teaching Assistant Program to be considered for a TA position.
- A TOEFL score of 28 on the speaking section waives the Speaking Proficiency English Assessment Kit (SPEAK) test requirement.
- Waivers are applied to resident and nonresident tuition charges.
- Assistants also receive a monthly stipend.
- Typically, the student is responsible for paying course fees and supplemental student fees.
- MU Grad School
- International Center Scholarships & Assistantships
- Division of IT Student Positions
- Gilliom Cyber Security Fellowship
- Contact Dr. Wenjun Zeng