You can make a difference at Mizzou!
- As a mentor, you can be matched up with a Mizzou engineering undergraduate with aspirations to pursue the same or similar academic /profession track as you. Communication with your mentee takes place through phone conversations or even through email.
Shadow an engineer
- Host a Mizzou engineering student at your place of employment for a day. Show them the ropes, introduce them to other professionals and give them a taste of the industry that they can’t get from taking notes in an auditorium.
Alumni speakers on campus
- Sometimes the experience you have would just be better distributed less on a one-to-one basis, and more on a one-to-many basis. Mizzou engineering is inviting you to visit and share your knowledge with the next crop of budding engineers. We may also ask you to address student organizations (SBE, SHPE, AISES) or diversity functions.
- You’ve got the diploma and the battle scars to go with it: you know the value of your MU education and what that education could do for young, aspiring engineers in your town. We can arrange for you to talk to local high school students who express interest in Mizzou engineering at recruiting events.
- Perhaps you are in a position to provide a short term or even long term scholarship to our students. Work with us to identify your desire to support our students and we will identify students that will make the most of your generous support.
Referring internship applications
- The real world is tough, so every bit of encouragement counts. Mizzou engineering collects students’ resumes and will work with you to help provide opportunities in the industry for our up-and-coming engineers.