Diversity scholarships are available to students who quality.
If you are seeking a Diversity Scholarship, you must also submit a 1-page (typed, double-spaced) essay expressing your interest in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) and why you want to participate in the MU Engineering Summer Camp.
- General summer camp eligibility requirements apply.
- Must be a member of an underrepresented minority group: Hispanic-American, American Indian/Native Alaskan or African-American.
- Receipt of a Diversity Scholarship will be based on transcripts, your essay, your recommendation letter and the total number of scholarship applicants.
- Scholarship recipients will be notified by mail about receiving a Diversity Scholarship.
- Upon students acceptance of the Diversity Scholarship the scholar will still be required to send additional documents; a waiver of the $500 registration fee will be processed after acceptance is confirmed.
To submit your essay
When you apply for the Mizzou Engineering High School Summer Camp, select “yes” under “Are you applying for a diversity scholarship to attend?” You will receive instructions on how to upload your essay for a diversity scholarship.
Can’t submit online?
Online uploads will expedite the processing of your application. If you are unable to submit your document(s) online, you may mail physical documents (postmarked by April 8, 2016) to:Mizzou College of Engineering Attn: Summer Camp
W1025 Lafferre Hall
Columbia, MO 65211
Need to know more? Contact Darius Whitaker at WhitakerDM@missouri.edu.