This program allows undergraduate students to earn a BS IE in four years and the MS IE in one additional year.
Admission to the Program
Prospective dual-program IMSE students take the GRE or GMAT examination and apply for the MS IE program during their junior year.
- a GPA of 3.0 for the most recent 45 credit hours
- a GRE score of at least V400, Q700 or GMAT score of at least 650
Admission decisions are made on a rolling basis. The GRE/GMAT can be taken any time during the junior year, and GPA is determined after fall semester grades.
Students are assigned to a faculty member who will act as their academic advisor. The advisor will help students select courses each semester and also provide guidance and help in achieving academic goals.
At least 15 credit hours in the MS IE must be at the 8000 level, and at least 21 must be IMSE courses.
- IMSE Required Courses (9 credit hours)
- IMSE 8890 Research (6 credit hours) or 8085 Project (3 credit hours)
- Electives (15-18 credit hours)
- Total MS IE Credits = 30 hours
During their fifth year, students will take at least 18 hours of MS IE courses
- For example: 6 credit hours summer, 6 credit hours fall, 6 credit hours spring.
Senior Year Courses
BS IE students can take up to 12 credit hours of graduate-level courses in their senior year. Two of these courses (6 credit hours) will count as either IMSE electives or technical electives in the BS IE degree program and also count in the MS IE program.
Students are also encouraged to participate in the Undergraduate Research Program (IMSE 4990/4995) in order to initiate their research topic.