High School Summer Camp
Dates & Location
Two 6-day sessions on the University of Missouri campus:
- Week 1: July 14-19, 2013
- Week 2: July 21-26, 2013
Registration is now closed.
For more information about future K-12 events, fill out the form below.
Cost & Registration
- Program fee is $500 *paid upon acceptance to the program
- The program is free to qualified Diversity Scholars
- Camp registration will be on Sunday from 2 p.m. and 5 p.m. (the first day of camp).
- Parents and visitors will be welcome to take campus tours during registration.
Come see how your math and science talents can pave the way for a rewarding career in engineering.
- Hands-on lab experiments
- Team design projects and competitions
- Campus life and new friends
- Industry tours
- Opportunities to earn Mizzou Engineering scholarships
- Engineering Departments:
Photos from 2012 (Facebook)
You’ll spend your summer camp mornings learning about engineering disciplines from leaders in their fields, while rubbing elbows with some of the brightest students in the nation. You’ll gain practical engineering experience during lab and industry visits in the afternoon, and test your skills in friendly student competitions during the evening.
Your introduction to Mizzou and the world of engineering will include plenty of challenges and a lot of fun.
- 8:00 AM-5:00 PM
- Hands-on activities in engineering departments and laboratories
- Industry Tours
- Design projects
- Other fun campus activities
Conclusion of Camp
- Friday morning we invite parents to come watch our competition testing along with the awards ceremony.
- Camp will conclude on Friday at 12 pm
- Students will be picked up at the residence hall (dorm) by 1:00 pm
Eligibility & Application Process
- You must be entering 10th, 11th or 12th grade for the upcoming school year in order to apply.
- You should have completed
- 1 or more laboratory science courses, and
- at least 2 units of high school mathematics.
- After completing the online form, please send:
- a copy of your unofficial or official school transcript along with your registration form.
- a recommendation letter from your guidance counselor or a teacher.
- If you are seeking a Diversity Scholarship, a 1 page (typed, double spaced) essay expressing your interest in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math, and why you want to participate in Summer Camp.
- Acceptance will be based on transcripts and your recommendation letter.
- Applicants will be notified by mail about acceptance.
- Upon notification of acceptance the student will need to send additional documents and $500 registration fee.
For Diversity Scholars
- Must be a member of an underrepresented minority group: Hispanic-American, American Indian/Native Alaskan or African-American.
- The above Eligibility requirements apply.
- Receipt of a Diversity Scholarship will be based on transcripts, your essay, your recommendation letter and the total number of scholarship applicants.
- Scholarship recipients will be notified by mail about receiving a Diversity Scholarship.
- Upon students acceptance of the Diversity Scholarship the scholar will still be required to send additional documents; a waiver of the $500 registration fee will be processed after acceptance is confirmed.
The University of Missouri reserves the right to cancel programs in the event of insufficient registrations, severe weather or natural disaster. In the event of program cancellation, registrants will be notified immediately and all fees will be returned in full. If you wish to cancel your registration, you must do so 2 weeks before the first day of your chosen session. No refunds will be available after that date.
If you have any questions regarding registration, please contact: