NSF- Summer Research Experiences For Undergraduates In Neuroscience (2017-2019)
Currently seeking applications for Summer 2018
- Applicants must be citizens or permanent residents of the U.S.
- A 10-week research experience from Wed, May 23 to Friday, July 27, 2018 (travel days of Tue, May 22 and Saturday, July 28)
- A stipend of $4,500 in addition to travel, tuition, air-conditioned campus dorm housing and full meal plan
- An opportunity to assist graduate students with important research led by leading faculty with a wide range of expertise spanning 4 different colleges. This REU will have a computational component. For some of the present projects click Projects.
- 1 hr credit for a course in “Computational Neuroscience” (meets 1 hour a week).
- Opportunity to join approximately 50+ other undergrad research students in a Research Symposium wherein each student prepares a poster presentation and writes a 1 page abstract for publication in a symposium handbook.
- A full series of evening workshops and brown bag lunches with 50+ other undergraduate researchers will give students information about research, career preparation and options, in addition to scientific ethics.
- Nationally acclaimed speakers will discuss specialty areas relevant to the summer research program.
- Social activities will be planned with input from participants guiding the agenda.
- Opportunity to enhance resumes and prepare for graduate school.
Students from underrepresented groups and from non-PhD granting institutions are encouraged to apply.
Please Click Here to take the NSF REU Program Mentor Survey. Note: This is an anonymous survey and your name and other details will not be recorded.