Three minors are offered to provide students the opportunity to obtain education and training in the nuclear science and engineering applications: Nuclear Engineering, Medical and Health Physics, and Radioenvironmental Sciences. Each minor requires a minimum of 15 credits of coursework from the respective list of courses. The Nuclear Engineering minor track requires math through differential equations and two semesters of calculus-based physics. The other two minor tracks require at least college algebra and two semesters of college physics.
To Earn a Minor in a Nuclear Discipline:
• Meet with your advisor during your sophomore/junior year to plan minor
courses into your schedule.
• Complete the required course work for the selected minor.
• Submit an application by printing and completing the Nuclear
Minor Advising/Planning/Application Form and
attach it to an unofficial transcript.
• Get the required signatures and return it to the Engineering
Student Services Office.
• Your transcript will be updated to show the minor.