Kifayah Abbood Al-Saffar Special Assistant to the Dean for International Initiatives
Kifayah Abbood Al-Saffar is a special assistant to the College of Engineering dean for Iraqi Initiatives at the University of Missouri. Al-Saffar’s current research focuses on quality management systems and their applications to universities in areas of increased productivity, safety and quality. She previously worked as senior engineer in the Industrial Project Company with Iraq’s Ministry of Industry, and as a production engineer with the National Enterprise for Asbestos Industry in Iraq. Al-Saffar has served as head of the Material Engineering Department at the College of Engineering at Al- Mustansirya University since 1991. Iraq’s Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research in Baghdad has funded her research.
- Quality control systems and ISO9000 applications
- Maintenance management system design and application
- Project management systems
- BS from Baghdad University in Iraq
- MS from University of Manchester in Manchester, U.K.
- PhD from University of Technology in Baghdad, Iraq