Xu Han Assistant Research Professor
Xu Han is an assistant research professor in the Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering Department at the University of Missouri. He is the winner of Faculty Innovation Award and MU IP Fast-track Award. His research focuses on development of novel cell and tissue cryopreservation techniques, investigation of cell-damaging mechanisms generated by cryopreservation procedures and production of lab-on-chip or easy-to-use devices for cell and tissue cryopreservation. He is a major contributor to five research projects funded by National Institutes of Health awarded to the University of Missouri. He has written more than 30 journal and proceeding papers, has published a book chapter and has two patents.
- Cell and tissue cryopreservation
- Micro-scale thermodynamics
- Phase transition and heat/mass transfer
- PhD from University of Kentucky
- BS from University of Science and Technology of China