Zhiqiang Hu Department Chair, Civil and Environmental Engineering, P.E.
Zhiqiang Hu is the department chair and a professor in the Civil and Environmental Engineering Department at the University of Missouri. Hu’s research interests include wastewater treatment systems, emerging renewable energy issues and bioreactor landfills. His research has been funded by the Environmental Protection Agency, National Science Foundation, the U.S. Department of Agriculture, the U.S. Geological Survey, Water Environment Research Foundation, and other members of industry. He is a registered professional engineer in Connecticut.
- Biological nutrient removal
- Emerging renewable energy
- Biochemical/physicochemical treatment processes
- PhD and MS from the University of Connecticut
- MS and BS from Zhejiang University
News & Magazine
- Silver nanoparticle concentration too low to be harmful in water supply, paper finds
- Viruses gain good reputation in bacteria treatment
- Microbe plays major role in wetland research
- Engineering researchers developing portable water recycling system
- Mizzou Engineering researcher studying environmental impact of popular nanotechnology
- Mizzou Engineering student team designs better septic tank
- CoE fortifies educational and research leadership through new faculty members