Nam-Jung Kim Assistant Research Professor
Nam-Jung Kim is an assistant research professor in the Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering Department at the University of Missouri. His research includes the development of nanotechnology-based Raman sensors to detect trace levels of chemical and biological impurities in fuel, food and environmental systems. He also investigates the self-assembly phenomena in hybrid composite materials containing inorganic particles and polymers, of special interest for electronic devices and energy harvesting applications.
- Hybrid, multifunctional nanomaterials
- Metallic nanostructures and surface enhanced Raman spectroscopy
- Nanoparticle and nanowire self-assembly
- PhD from University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- MS and BS from Seoul National University