Elizabeth Loboa Dean and Professor of Bioengineering
Elizabeth G. Loboa is dean of the College of Engineering at the University of Missouri and a professor of bioengineering. As dean, she oversees nine disciplines, 103 faculty members and 3,500 undergraduate students, as well as a variety of research centers, programs and facilities that contribute to MU’s overall annual research and development spending. Loboa provides leadership and strong advocacy for research and education and shapes the future of the College through continued excellence in research, education and campus diversity.
She previously served as an associate chair and professor of the Joint Department of Biomedical Engineering at University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill (UNC) and North Carolina State University (NCSU), and a professor of materials science and engineering at North Carolina State.
Loboa is the 11th full-time dean in the MU College of Engineering’s history and its first female dean.
Loboa is a recipient of the Ralph E. Powe Junior Faculty Award, the NC State Chancellor’s Innovation Award, Sigma Xi Faculty Research Award, the NC State Faculty Scholar Award, UK-US Stem Cell Collaboration Development Award and the Stanford University Distinguished Alumni Scholar Award.
She is director of the Cell Mechanics Laboratory at UNC, as well as an adjunct professor at UNC and NCSU.
- Tissue engineering & Biomaterials
- Regenerative medicine and wound healing
- Stem cells
- PhD from Stanford University
- MSE from Stanford University
- BS from the University of California, Davis
News & Magazine
- College christens concrete materials lab in memory of alumnus
- Symposium award seeds $150,000 each into up-and-coming Mizzou research
- Silver ions prove effective in preventing, killing MRSA while forming bone
- College celebrates building expansion with ribbon cutting
- College celebrates campaign with United Way barbecue
- Dean selected as fellow of Biomedical Engineering Society
- Stem cell transformation research sheds new light on osteoporosis
- MU officials rename Engineering Building West ‘Naka Hall’ after MU alumnus, donor
- $12 Million Federal Contract to MU Will Establish Education Program for National Intelligence Agency
- International outreach coordinator lauded for lifting students
- Alum’s dream leads to successful company, generosity
- Foundation’s generosity leads to new vehicle
- Fond memories, bright future facilitate alum’s generosity
- Dean, colleagues working to make tissue engineering cheaper, more scalable
- Generosity enables hiring of renowned pavement, materials engineer
- Dean adds AIMBE College of Fellows election to her resume
- Mechanical engineering professor earns rank of ASME Fellow
- Longtime faculty member elevated to interim chair of chemical engineering
- Dean Loboa announces four leadership appointments
- Dean’s Message | Fall 2015 Mizzou Engineer
- Top student teams take aim at RevCon Challenge
- New dean excited about College of Engineering’s potential
- North Carolina State University biomedical engineer named College of Engineering dean