Robert O'Connell Professor, P.E.
Robert M. O’Connell is a professor in the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department at the University of Missouri. Prior to joining the University, he was an officer in the U.S. Air Force, where he served as a research electronics engineer. He has conducted research and published articles on piezoelectric materials, high-power optical materials, power quality problems in power systems, power electronics, applications of linear electric motors and microwave power amplifiers. His current research interests are in power quality, power electronics and optically gated switch-mode microwave power amplifiers and engineering education. He is a senior member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers and a registered professional engineer in Missouri.
- Power electronics and systems
- Engineering education
- Optical switching
- PhD and MS from the University of Illinois
- BE from Manhattan College
News & Magazine
- ECE teaching assistant earns campus award for TAs
- ECE Professor O’Connell awarded Kemper Fellowship for Teaching Excellence
- MU’s IEEE student chapter caps ‘outstanding’ year with award
- Student power line research takes second place at international conference
- Breipohl family gives teaching fellowships a helping hand
- Alumni, faculty, staff recognized at awards banquet
- Passion for student learning drives ECE professor
- Foreign excursions combine intense cultural experience with academics