P. "Frank" Pai C.W. LaPierre Professor
P. Frank Pai is a C.W. LaPierre Professor in the Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering Department at the University of Missouri. Having joined Missouri after working three years at North Carolina A&T State University, Pai developed the MU Structural Mechanics and Controls Laboratory for advanced mechanical and aerospace structure research. Pai has received funding from the National Science Foundation, NASA Headquarters, NASA Langley Research Center, NASA Marshall Space Flight Center, the U.S. Army Research Office, the Air Force Office of Scientific Research, Sandia National Laboratories, National Renewable Energy Laboratory and Raytheon E-Systems. He is a registered professional engineer in North Carolina.
- Design of highly flexible deployable/inflatable structures
- Structural damage inspection and nonlinear dynamics
- Finite element methods and applications of smart materials
- PhD from Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
- MS from National Taiwan University