Allen Thompson Professor
Allen Thompson is an associate professor in the Bioengineering Department at the University of Missouri and a four-time recipient of the College of Engineering’s certificate of appreciation for outstanding teaching. He currently serves as associate editor of transactions for the American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers and the Applied Journal of Agricultural Engineering. He is a past chairman of the Soil and Water Division of the American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers. Thompson is currently funded by the Agricultural Research Service of the U.S. Department of Agriculture, the Missouri Department of Natural Resources and the Missouri Water Resources Research Center. He is a registered professional engineer in Missouri.
- Irrigation water management
- Hydrology of submerged flow constructed wetlands
- Water droplet mechanics and soil erosion mechanics
- PhD from the University of Nebraska
- MS and BS from Washington State University