Bret Ulery Assistant Professor
Bret Ulery is an assistant professor in the Chemical Engineering Department. He received a Bachelor of Science in Engineering degree in chemical engineering and a bachelor’s degree in biochemistry from the University of Iowa in 2006. In 2010, he earned his doctorate in chemical engineering from Iowa State University. Subsequently, he spent two years conducting postdoctoral research at the University of Connecticut Health Center and another two years at the University of Chicago before joining the MU faculty. As director of the Biomodulatory Materials Engineering Laboratory, he leads a team of researchers focused on the design, development and production of novel biomaterials for a variety of biomedical applications primarily in the fields of immunology and regenerative medicine.
His research has led to 20 peer-reviewed publications, manuscript submissions, book chapters, and technology disclosures, in various journals including Advanced Healthcare Materials, Nature Scientific Reports, Pharmaceutical Research, PLoS One and more.
- Regenerative Engineering
- PhD from Iowa State University
- BSE and BS from the University of Iowa
News & Magazine
- Coulter Program continues unique support of biomedical research
- MU Engineering well represented among NSF graduate fellowship recipients
- Chemical engineer lands Research Starter Grant in Pharmaceutics
- Chemical faculty member selected for Research Starter Grant in Pharmaceutics
- Chemical engineering major earns prestigious Goldwater Scholarship Award