The University of Missouri partners with For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology (FIRST) to offer scholarships to students who have participated on a FIRST Robotics Competition (FRC) team or FIRST Tech Challenge (FTC) team for at least one full season in high school.
Four $500 renewable, merit-based scholarships are offered yearly to students and can be stacked with other College of Engineering scholarships.
Applicant must have outstanding academic credentials with a minimum Composite and Math ACT scores of 28.
How to Apply
- Once admitted to the University of Missouri, complete online application on myZou by Dec. 15.
- Submit a short essay (500 words or less) about your FIRST involvement by Feb. 1
- At the top of your essay, include your name, your assigned MU student ID number and your FIRST team name and number.
- Email your essay to Heather Ralph with the subject line “FIRST Essay.”
- Have your FIRST team mentor or coach email a letter of recommendation to Heather Ralph by Feb. 1.
Applicants will be notified via email by Feb. 15 if the award will be made.
Renewal of the award will be automatic each year up to eight semesters, contingent upon:
- maintaining a 3.5 GPA, calculated at the end of each academic year
- meeting standard College of Engineering scholarship requirements