The mission of the Women in Engineering Center is to create an environment where women in the College of Engineering feel welcomed and respected by administration, faculty, staff and other students. Our Center works to ensure that women in engineering have access to services to successfully complete their education and that they become productive members of the engineering profession and role models for future women students.
The vision of the Women in Engineering Center is to serve as the central location for all activities that support the recruitment and retention of women students in the College of Engineering. We work to recruit students into the College, to promote a welcoming climate in the College, to provide services to enhance educational experiences, and to coordinate with other campus and system services.
- Students, faculty, staff and administrators understand the value of actively promote diversity, in all of its dimensions
- Women students are welcomed and respected
- Women students form a vibrant community
- The perspectives and needs of women students are integrated into the fabric of the College
- The perspectives and needs of women of color are integrated into the fabric of the College
- Students are aware of the broad opportunities available to them in engineering
- Women students develop identities as engineers
- Retention rates for women students are similar to our men students