The 1907 Celebration of Women in Engineering was named in honor of the first woman graduate of the MU College of Engineering, Ada Wilson, who graduated with a civil engineering degree in May of 1907.
The 1907 Celebration of Women in Engineering was established in 2016 as a means to recognize individual students and mentors, and faculty, staff and alumni women who have made significant contributions to the College of Engineering, based on academic achievement, leadership and service, and the engineering field, in leadership, service and academic and career success. From the total applicants, 19 students and seven faculty, staff or alumni will be chosen based on nomination.
Who is eligible?
- Alumni, staff and faculty women from all engineering or related STEM fields are eligible. Nominations will be considered on basis of both personal professional achievement and/or how they have contributed to the success of other women in engineering and related STEM careers.
- Students from all engineering fields with at least a junior standing and all graduate students across all majors in the College are eligible to apply.
- Students will be asked to provide the name of a mentor.
- A mentor is anyone, regardless of gender, that the student feels has impacted them significantly in their tenure of studies, and can be from a student’s experience outside of the university setting.
- Any member of the MU Engineering community may nominate a woman who he or she feels embodies these attributes.
1907 Celebration Application/Nomination
To submit your application in full, download and complete a copy of the Student Application Form and submit with a copy of your resume.
Interviews for finalists will be held the week following spring break, If selected, you and your mentor will be invited to attend a dinner banquet in your honor.
To nominate a qualified individual, download and complete a copy of the Alumni/Faculty/Staff Nomination Form.
To Submit your application/nomination
Submissions must be received by March 25, 2016 at 5 p.m.
By post or drop-off:
W1003 Lafferre Hall
University of Missouri
Columbia, MO 65211
1907 Celebration Banquet
WHEN April 27, 2016
TIME 6-9 p.m.
WHERE Elm Street Ballroom
Contact Bari Bates at firstname.lastname@example.org.