Jump to Header Jump to Main Content Jump to Footer

Internship success: Kelch soars with Boeing

Josh Kelch sits in a plane cockpit.

MU Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering senior Josh Kelch maximized his engineering and leadership skills this summer, landing an internship with Boeing’s Test & Evaluation team. Photo courtesy of Josh Kelch.

MU Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering senior Josh Kelch maximized his engineering and leadership skills this summer, landing an internship with Boeing’s Test & Evaluation team. Learn a little more about his internship in his own words.

Kelch: This summer, I had the privilege to intern with the Boeing Test & Evaluation team as a Flight Test Engineering Analysis intern in the propulsion/aerial refueling group. Throughout my internship, I gained experience in flight test planning, execution and reporting for the 737MAX7 and KC-46A Pegasus programs. Since I was in flight test, I was allowed to participate in numerous flight tests and even got to fly on board the aircraft, collecting data for certifying these experimental aircraft. This data was then compiled and sent as a written report to the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) to certify the aircraft for commercial flights in the future. I used all of my skills and experiences that I have developed throughout my time at Mizzou to help promote a positive internship experience and to aid in my professional development. I was also elected to serve as the Seattle professional development focal for new Boeing employees/interns.

Learn more about how The Engineering Leadership, Engagement and Career Development Academy can help students prepare for their future. And check back throughout the summer for more stories about how internships helped shape Mizzou engineers for success!

Back to Top

Enter your keyword

Search