Jump to Header Jump to Main Content Jump to Footer

Internship Success: Nguyen thriving at Ames National Laboratory

Phong uses a microscope.

Phong Nguyen is spending his summer at the Ames National Laboratory. Photo courtesy of Phong Nguyen.

MU Chemical Engineering senior Phong Nguyen maximized his engineering and leadership skills this summer, landing an internship at the Ames National Laboratory in Ames, Iowa. Learn a little more about his internship in his own words.

Nguyen: This summer, I interned at Ames National Laboratory through the DoE SULI program. At Ames, I worked on characterizing demagnetizing fields of superconductors, providing experimental support for a theory recently forwarded by my PI. Beyond the opportunity to publish, I’m grateful for the mentorship that I received in developing transferable research skills, like project planning, design of experiments and manuscript writing. My experience as an Ames Lab intern has been invaluable in helping to refine my research interests and in my training towards graduate work.

Learn more about how The Engineering Leadership, Engagement and Career Development Academy can help students prepare for their future. And check back throughout the summer for more stories about how internships helped shape Mizzou engineers for success!

Back to Top

Enter your keyword

Search