Jump to Header Jump to Main Content Jump to Footer

Internship Success: Parker, Sample grow at Google

Two young women stand in front of a bike and a building that says GOOGLE on it.

Samantha Sample and Rebecca Parker are spending the summer as engineering practicum interns at Google’s San Francisco offices. Photo courtesy of Samantha Sample.

MU Electrical Engineering & Computer Science juniors Rebecca Parker and Samantha Sample maximized their engineering and leadership skills this summer, landing engineering practicum internships with Google, working out of the San Francisco offices. Learn a little more about their internship in their own words.

Parker: The internship experience has been fantastic!  I’ve been able to learn from so many amazing software engineers and work on projects that impact millions of users.

Sample:Working at Google has shown me the large impact my work can have — on a company, on the public and especially on myself.  Through the projects I’ve worked on and the people I’ve met, this experience has pushed me to become a better software engineer and person.

Learn more about how The Engineering Leadership, Engagement and Career Development Academy can help students prepare for their future. And check back throughout the summer for more stories about how internships helped shape Mizzou engineers for success!

Back to Top

Enter your keyword

Search