Jump to Header Jump to Main Content Jump to Footer
Alyson Jones stands in front of an ivy wall.

Alyson Jones spent her summer interning with Bayer in Kansas City. Photo courtesy of Alyson Jones.

MU Biomedical, Biological & Chemical Engineering undergraduate Alyson Jones maximized her engineering and leadership skills this summer, landing an internship with Bayer in Kansas City. Learn a little more about her internship in her own words.

Jones: This summer with Bayer has been such an important experience for my career goals in so many ways. Chemical engineering is so broad and filled with opportunities. That’s one thing I love most about my major. Walking into my first internship, I wasn’t sure what to expect but was so thankful for the chance to learn and develop this skills it takes to be a successful engineer. This summer, I was able to get a glimpse of what my life could be like, and I loved the plant environment, the people and the atmosphere!  The experience was so hands-on, and it was so fun expanding my knowledge outside of the classroom. Mizzou will always carry a piece of my heart, but this summer really gave me confidence going into senior year towards the next chapters of life that are soon to begin!

Learn more about how The Engineering Leadership, Engagement and Career Development Academy can help students prepare for their future. And check back throughout the summer for more stories about how internships helped shape Mizzou engineers for success!

Back to Top

Enter your keyword

Search