Amitanand Sinha

June 02, 2020

Portrait of Amitanand Sinha

Amitanand Sinha

Name
Amitanand Sinha 

Hometown
New Delhi, India

Major
PhD, Industrial and Manufacturing Systems Engineering   

Faculty Advisor
Suchithra Rajendran

Where did you complete your undergraduate study?
Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering: Manipal Institute of Technology, India; Master’s degree in mechanical engineering: University of Missouri,

Why did you choose Mizzou for your graduate program?
A big reason for me to come here and pursue my graduate degree was the quality of the program that is offered to the students. I found the university to be research-oriented with a huge focus on maintaining diversity across its campus. Another reason I had was that I knew multiple people who completed their education in various fields previously from Mizzou, and I always heard great things about the university from them. So when I got an option to choose between Mizzou and other universities, I was extremely comfortable in selecting Mizzou.

Tell us about your graduate research. What are some potential outcomes or applications?
Several major logistics companies around the world are experimenting on the feasibility of operating air taxis to reduce traffic congestion and save time in major cities. My graduate research is based on providing strategic insights for air taxi services. It involves estimating the demand and utilizing clustering algorithms to generate various potential centers that can serve as air taxi stations in an urban city.

What are some accomplishments you’ve achieved at Mizzou that you’re especially proud of?
As a Mizzou student I have obtained incredible opportunities to pursue my research interests and get them published in reputed journals. I got a chance to present a poster at the prestigious CELDi conference. 

What do you hope to do after you complete your degree?
After the completion of my degree, I would like to pursue my career in an industrial setting where I can continue learning and develop my skills working alongside other world-class engineers and translate those skills for the betterment of the society.