Jump to Header Jump to Main Content Jump to Footer

Patrick Kunza

Portrait of Patrick Kunza

Patrick Kunza

Name
Patrick Kunza

Hometown
Wentzville, MO

Why did you choose to attend Mizzou for the IT program?
I choose Mizzou for the IT program because I heard good things about the program going into it. I was also recruited to do track and field for the university so everything matched up perfectly.

Tell us about your educational experiences.
I focused on software development and computer management but mostly IT management. Some of my favorite classes were Web Development, cyber security and database. I like web development because I learned how to build web based applications and work with one of my favorite professors, [Assistant Professor] Nickolas Wergeles. I really enjoyed cyber security because I liked to do penetration testing on different types of systems. I also enjoyed learning from [Assistant Professor] Ronny Bazan Antequera while I was also his PLA for advanced cyber security. I also enjoyed doing research for Antequera where I researched the world of wireless hacking with SDR (Software Defined Radio).

Where will you work after graduation? How did the IT program prepare you?
I will be working for American Outdoor Brands as an e-commerce technology support specialist. I feel the IT program prepared me for this work by being well-rounded in the IT industry. I know everything from software to networking and way more. 

Did you have an internship or other opportunities during your time at Mizzou?
I did an internship for MTM in St. Louis, MO. I was brought in as an Intern marketing analyst in order to create a bridge of communication between IT and marketing and to meet the needs of customers. While there, I worked alongside company executives to develop new products between the IT and marketing teams. I brainstormed and presented innovative technology products to company executives. And I designed and managed MTM’s company competitor database for executive and employee use.

Would you recommend the IT program?
I would recommend the IT program. There are plenty of resources to use and the faculty are great to work with.