Fujian Providence, China
PhD, Computer Science
Where did you complete your undergraduate study?
B.S., Fuzhou University; M.S. Fuzhou University
Why did you choose Mizzou for your graduate program?
State-of-the-art research environment and facilities. Excellent research team.
Tell us about your graduate research. What are some potential outcomes or applications?
Security and privacy preservation algorithms and frameworks in VANETs. Efficient traffic planning for autonomous vehicles. Traffic simulation platforms.
What are some accomplishments you’ve achieved at Mizzou that you’re especially proud of?
Refereed Journal Papers
- Jian Kang, Doug Steiert, Dan Lin, and Yanjie Fu. MoveWithMe: Location Privacy Preservation for Smartphone Users. IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security, 2019. (Impact Factor = 6.013)
- Jian Kang, Dan Lin, Wei Jiang, and Elisa Bertino. Highly efficient randomized authentication in VANETs. Pervasive and Mobile Computing (PMC), 44:31-44, 2018. (Impact Factor = 2.769)
- Dan Lin, Jian Kang, Anna Squicciarini, Yingjie Wu, Sashi Gurung, and Ozan Tonguz. MoZo: A Moving Zone Based Routing Protocol Using Pure V2V Communication in VANETs. IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing (TMC), 16(5):1357-1370, 2017. (Impact Factor = 5.112)
Refereed Conference Papers
- Jian Kang, Dan Lin. DASH: A Universal Intersection Traffic Management System for Autonomous Vehicles. The 40th IEEE International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems (ICDCS), 2020.
- Jian Kang, Dan Lin, Elisa Bertino, and Ozan Tonguz. From Autonomous Vehicles to Vehicular Clouds: Challenges of Management, Security and Dependability. The 39th IEEE International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems (ICDCS), 2019.
- Jian Kang, Yousef Elmehdwi, and Dan Lin. SLIM: Secure and Lightweight Identity Management in VANETs with Minimum Infrastructure Reliance. In International Conference on Security and Privacy in Communication Systems (SecureComm), Springer, Cham, 823-837, 2017.
What do you hope to do after you complete your degree?
Being a faculty member at a university or research institute.