December 21, 2020
Six Mizzou Engineers were recognized by the university for being star students.
The following students earned S.T.A.R. (Student Training for Advancing Research) designation for the Fall 2020 semester:
- Dee Archdekin, sophomore, computer science
- Graham Bond, sophomore, mechanical engineering
- Grant Coffey, freshman undeclared
- Rosalie Garzia, freshman, undeclared
- Caleb Hollenbeck, freshman, mechanical engineering
- Rachel Solverud, sophomore, biomedical engineering
The MU Office of Undergraduate Research created the S.T.A.R. program this semester as a way to deliver online workshops that enhanced student skills and fostered a sense of community. In order to receive the award, students were required to attend at least five workshops or complete related compliance training.
The program attracted more than 225 students with 660 virtual events.