High School Summer Camp
High School Summer Camp
Are you interested in engineering? Do you want to experience life as a Mizzou Engineering student? Then Mizzou Engineering’s High School Summer Camp is for you!
Hear presentations from each of the College’s departments and work on hands-on projects designed to give students a taste of what each discipline specializes in. These projects include building balsa wood bridges, designing and creating super balls, building soda-bottle rockets, constructing circuits, coding on computers and more.
You’ll also receive the full Mizzou campus experience, staying in the dorms and getting a taste of what MU’s campus dining options have to offer. You’ll also have the chance to make good use of the pool facilities at the rec center and several other campus activities.
Session 1: July 12-17, 2020
Session 2: July 19-24, 2020
Contact: Recruitment Office
The following criteria must be fulfilled to complete your electronic application for the MU Engineering Summer Camp.
- You must be entering your sophomore, junior or senior high school year for the upcoming school year in order to apply.
- You should have completed
- 1 or more laboratory science courses, and
- at least 2 units of high school mathematics.
- Applicants will need to submit a recommendation letter from a teacher.
- Applicants will be notified by email about acceptance.
- Upon notification of acceptance the student may need to send additional documents and $500 registration fee.
Come see how your math and science talents can pave the way for a rewarding career in engineering.
- Hands-on lab experiments
- Team design projects and competitions
- Campus life and new friends
- Industry tours
- Opportunities to earn Mizzou Engineering scholarships
You’ll spend your summer camp mornings learning about engineering disciplines from leaders in their fields, while rubbing elbows with some of the brightest students in the nation. You’ll gain practical engineering experience during lab and industry visits in the afternoon, and test your skills in friendly student competitions during the evening.
Your introduction to Mizzou and the world of engineering will include plenty of challenges and a lot of fun.
- 8: a.m.-5 p.m.
- Hands-on activities in engineering departments and laboratories
- Industry Tours
- Design projects
- Other fun campus activities
Conclusion of Camp
- Friday morning we invite parents to come watch our competition testing along with the awards ceremony.
- Camp will conclude on Friday at noon.
- Students will be picked up at the residence hall (dorm) by 1 p.m.
Program fee is $500 *paid upon acceptance to the program
Camp registration will be on Sunday from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. (the first day of camp).
Parents and visitors are welcome to take campus tours during registration.
The University of Missouri reserves the right to cancel programs in the event of insufficient registrations, severe weather or natural disaster. In the event of program cancellation, registrants will be notified immediately and all fees will be returned in full. If you wish to cancel your registration, you must do so 2 weeks before the first day of your chosen session. No refunds will be available after that date.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where will my camper be staying?
Campers will be housed in Mark Twain Residence Hall. This is a suite style hall with double rooms. This means that there are two beds per room, and two rooms share a bathroom. For more information, click here.
Are meals provided?
Three meals will be provided for every full day of camp. On Sunday we will provide dinner for campers, and on Friday we will provide breakfast. We will also have snacks available most days of camp. In addition, both Lafferre Hall and Mark Twain Hall have vending machines that students can use at their own discretion. Most meals will be in one of our dining halls, but some will be catered through local businesses. Please let us know of any dietary restrictions so that we can make the necessary accommodations.
Is transportation provided?
We will provide transportation for all campers to Columbia Regional Airport (COU). We cannot provide transportation to any other destination. For more information on the Columbia airport please see the following link: http://www.flycou.com
Who can apply for summer camp?
Students who are currently a freshman, sophomore, or junior in high school are eligible to apply for summer camp