Academy of Distinguished Alumni
Coinciding with the department’s 110th anniversary, the launch of the Chemical Engineering Department’s Academy of Distinguished Alumni inducted nine department alumni and one professor emeritus to the first class.
Department Chairman Baolin Deng identified additional alumni interaction priorities, and with the blessing of the department’s Industrial Advisory Board, he took the initiative to launch a Chemical Engineering Academy of Distinguished Alumni, enlisting the help of 1981 alumnus Marty Rapp, who was among the first class of inductees.
The first banquet recognizing academy members was held in October 2013, and annual meetings have been held since.
To honor those chemical engineering graduates from the University of Missouri who are outstanding in their field, leaders in community affairs and worthy of emulation.
- To motivate chemical engineering students by providing examples of outstanding graduates;
- To be partners in the education of University of Missouri students;
- To help the University of Missouri achieve national prominence in chemical engineering education.
Induction into the Academy honors some of the most successful of the Chemical Engineering Alumni of the University of Missouri.
Academy members inducted for each class are listed below by year.
To update your ChEADA member profile…
This form is for Chemical Engineering Academy of Distinguished Alumni members ONLY.
If you are a Chemical Engineering Department alumnus wishing to tell us about your new job, your retirement or an award you received, submit a class note to Mizzou Magazine. (Class notes accepted for accolades from the past year. Your submission may be edited for style, length and clarity.)
If you are a Chemical Engineering Department alumnus wishing to update your address or employer information with MU alumni records, click here.
ChEADA members: Update your profile on the ChEADA member biography page.
- Steven Abcouwer, BS ChE, ‘85
- John Barrett, BS ChE, ’75
- Kevin Currence, BS ChE, ’90
- Michael Moerer, BS ChE, ’78
- Amber Niewald, BS ChE, ’03
- Allison Stiles, BS ChE, ’85
- Craig Hoeferlin, BS ChE ’78
- Joel Jones, BS ChE ’84
- John Metz, BS ChE ’90
- Art Orscheln, BS ChE ’86
- Philip Steed, BS ChE ’76
- Terry Sutter, BS ChE ’84
- Dave Swallow, BS ChE ’72
- Philip Weathers, BS ChE ’69
- Barbara Todd (Honorary Member)
- Virginia Brandt, BS ChE ’84
- Herbert Britt, BS ChE ’68, Ph.D. ’72
- Stanley Bull, BS ChE ’63
- Tom Gruenther, BS ChE ’85
- Alan Hiken, BS ChE ’84
- Mary T. Carlson, BS ChE ’78
- Stephen R. Ellebracht, Honorary member, Chemistry alum 1973/77
- Kun Sup Hyun, BS ChE ’62
- Rebecca Lynn, BS ChE ’96
- Kyung W. Suh, Ph.D. ChE ’65
- Gary L. Yepsen, BS ChE ’76
- Montford S. (Stokley) Benson, BS ChE ’68, MS ’70
- John Dean, Honorary Member
- Jimmy Edward (Ted) Martin, BS ChE ’78
- Christopher B. Roberts, BS ChE ’90
- David C. Schanbacher, BS ChE ’78
- Harold Wright, BS ChE ’86
- Paul Aegerter, BS ChE ’78
- Ryan Gaston, BS ChE ’98
- Robert Healy, BS ChE ’64
- Bill Herring, BS ChE ’70, MS ’72
- Robert Holtsmith, BS ChE ’68
- Jerry Jost, BS ChE ’70
- Michael Pishko, BS ChE ’86, MS ’87
- Marty Rapp, BS ChE ’81
- William Rudy, BS ChE ’81
- Truman Storvick, Former Faculty
- Linda Wibbenmeyer, BS ChE ’95
View member profiles.